Made from a combination of sulphur compounds, HAY GUARD® enables you to start baling earlier than traditional baling methods.
Unlike proionic acid products, HAY GUARD® has no odor and is not corrosive. Once applied to the cut hay, HAY GUARD® turns into gas and searches for oxygen then it ‘eats’ up the oxygen in the bale, prohibiting microbial growth so the bales will stay cooler and you’ll see less browning.
*Hay Guard® is a registered trademark of International Stock Food.
- Ready to use formula
- Baling up to 25% moisture
- HAY GUARD® is a preservative not an inoculant
- The sulphur salts form mild s-gases that are non conducive to mould growth
- Non toxic
- No withholding period
- Safe, based on additives used in human food preservation
- Get hay baled before rain event
- More baling hours in a day
- Start hay making earlier in the season
- Better quality hay and more regrowth
- Reduce heating, yeast and mould
- Increase dry matter recovery
- Retain more high quality nutrients
- Easier feeding out